The Best Glue Guns of 2022
The hot glue gun is one of the essential tools you will need to make your craft project come to life. We’ve done our research so that you can make the best decision for what you need in your work. Below you will find a list of our choices.
Picking the best hot glue gun!
When it comes to crafts projects, making something special for someone, or making repairs, you need a hot glue gun.
Before long, you will find an abundance from an endless sea of choices and the need to research to find the right one for you. We took on this daunting task, so you don’t have to, and here is what we found.
What does a glue gun do? Well, It heats the glue and allows you to stick whatever you want to your project, and here’s where we start.
What Does The Wattage Do?
Having More wattage means hotter glue coming out of the gun, faster heating of the glue, and the ability to stay hot longer.
- Low-temperature glue guns range from -10 to 20 Watts
- High-temperature glue guns range from -20 to 100 Watts
On average, you should want 60 watts or higher unless you are willing to wait a minute or more for the glue to heat.
Low-temperature Glue Gun.
Two hundred fifty degrees (250) Fahrenheit around the tip of the gun usually is about as hot as the Low-temperature glue gun will get.
- Low-temperature glue guns have silicone base glue sticks that melt easily and are for use only with low-temperature glue guns.
- Kid-friendly with adult supervision is the best choice for children and is less likely to cause accidental burns.
- Low-temperature glue guns are the best choice for light-duty projects, such as scrapbooks and paper crafts.
High-temperature Glue Gun.
Three hundred eighty degrees (380) Fahrenheit is the average a high-temperature glue gun will get.
- A high-temperature glue gun is your best result when working with metal, rocks, wood, or plastics.
- With a high-temperature glue gun, you are more likely to burn or blister skin if the glue drips on you while still hot.
- The glue will heat up quickly and stay hot for longer, allowing for a stronger bond.
- TOP OF THE LINE: Surebonder PRO2-220 220 Watt Adjustable
- BEST OVERALL: Surebonder Cordless Hot Glue Gun
- BEST FOR THE MONEY: Elmer’s Craft Bond High-Temp Mini Hot Glue Gun
- POPULAR: Ryobi P305 One+ 18V Lithium Ion
- POPULAR: Gorilla Dual Temp Mini Hot Glue Gun
- BEST LOW-TEMP: AdTech Ultra Low-Temp Cool Tool
- BEST HEAVY-DUTY: NEX&CO Kids Mini Hot Glue Gun