Dolly in Chicken Wire: Art at The Graduate Hotel, Nashville Tn
Artistic Signature: Crafted by Ricky Pittman, who was 52 at the time, this magnificent sculpture conceals a poignant tribute. A subtle teardrop can be discerned beneath her left eye, a somber nod to the tragedies of the coronavirus pandemic.
- Height: 9 ft
- Width: 3.5 ft
- Length: 10 ft
- Chicken wire: 39 rolls (each 18 inches, 150 ft per roll, weighing 16 lbs), totaling 624 lbs.
- Frame: Constructed from square tubing, enhanced with 1/2 and 1/4 inch rebar, anchored by 11 heavy-duty coasters, accumulating a weight of 278 lbs.
- Paint: 4 gallons, with each gallon weighing 11 lbs, summing up to 40 lbs.
Total weight: 942 lbs (624 lbs + 278 lbs + 40 lbs)
- 7 primary segments
- 8 sections for the skirt
- Total pieces: 15
- Commencement: February 4, 2020
- Completion: May 13, 2020
- Duration: 99 days or 3 months and 9 days (excluding the end date).